UPDATE (19-01-2016): Have a look at Azure Data Lake series for more posts on Azure Data Lake.
I wanted to talk a bit about your Strategic Data & the concept of Data Lake (regardless of its implementation).
Nowaday, data is seen less and less as a commodity, as a byproduct of running systems. More & more it is seen as an asset. For some tech giant, data is their lifeblood, their treasure chest.
This is the essence of Infonomics: assigning economic value to information. The 7 principles of Infonomics are:
- Information is an asset
- Information has both potential and realized value
- Information’s value can be quantified
- Information should be accounted for as an asset
- Information’s realized value should be maximized
- Information’s value should be used for prioritizing and budgeting IT and business initiatives
- Information should be managed as an asset
Now Infonomics is an emerging discipline and appears is…
View original post 1,119 more words